2009年9月8日火曜日

Reasons of learning at univesity

Write your opinion about the topic below.

Topic:  People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Points: new experiences / career preparation / increased knowledge / expertise / intellectual curiosity

=====
 About ten years ago, I have been studying management in university. At the time, I told with my friends about the reasons of learning our major and  I knew that each people had each reason. Actually it was good opportunity for me to rethink how I would study and work in the future.

 Of course, most of them had been studying for their job hunting. Getting special knowledge and skills at university would be really helpful for their work in the future. In Japan, many companies need someone who study at university and graduation of university is one of the requirements of getting good job.

 Some of my friends learned their major to increase their knowledge of what they wanted to study. They really enjoyed learning and school life but most of them work for the companies don't related their majors. In my opinion, universities should provide some special classes to help students to connect what they want to learn and their job in the future.

 About me, I should took over my family company at that time so I took management as my major. For working my family company, I should become a expertise of management. Thus I could keep motivation highly at university.

 Above reasons, I think there were many reasons to study majors at university and each person had each reason. So I want to suggest that university should provide some orientation for students to clarify their reasons of learning their majors. I guess that class would keep students motivation highly and create better future.

=====
[Corrected one]

 About ten years ago, I studied management at the university. At that time, I told my friends about the reasons of learning our major and  I knew that each people has each reason. Actually it was good opportunity for me to rethink how I would study and work in the future.

 Of course, most of them studied for job hunting. They thought that getting special knowledge and skills at the university would be really helpful for their work in the future. In Japan, many companies need someone who is a graduate from a university and finishing a degree one of the requirements of getting good job.

Some of my friends chose their major to increase their knowledge of what they wanted to study. They really enjoyed learning and school life but most of them work for the companies not related to their majors. In my opinion, universities should provide some special classes to help students associate what they had wanted to learn in connection to their jobs in the future.

 Based on my experience, I should take over my family company at that time so I took management as my major. In order for me to work in my family company, I should become an expert of management. Thus, it kept my motivation highly at the university.

 With the reasons mentioned above, I think there were many reasons to study majors at university and each person had each reason. So I want to suggest that university should provide some orientation for students to clarify their reasons of learning their majors. I guess that class would keep students motivation highly and create better future.

0 件のコメント: